Caramelized Onion–and–Blue Cheese Mini Burgers
Small but loaded with flavor: Caramelized onions, blue cheese, arugula, and sirloin fill your mouth with sweetness and pungency.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 28 Minutes
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 20.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 8 slider buns, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 1. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; coat onion with cooking spray. Cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender and browned. Remove pan from heat. Finely chop 1/4 cup onion, and place in a medium bowl, reserving remaining onion in pan.
- 2. Add salt, pepper, and beef to caramelized onion in bowl; mix well. Divide beef mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch thick patty.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place patties on grill pan. Grill 3 minutes on each side, until a thermometer registers 160° or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Place mayonnaise and blue cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Spread blue cheese mixture evenly on bottom halves of buns. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top patties evenly with arugula, tomato slices, and remaining caramelized onion; cover with bun tops.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note