Caramelized Ginger Pears
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 4 pounds firm, ripe Anjou pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Stir together all ingredients in a large Dutch oven, and let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, 2 hours.
- 2. Bring pear mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, 1 hour or until thickened and golden. Cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- 3. Spoon into 8 (4-oz.) jars or airtight containers. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Caramelized Ginger Pears and Baked Brie: Preheat oven to 350°. Trim rind from top of 1 (8-oz.) Brie round, leaving a 1/2-inch border on top. Place Brie round on an ovenproof plate. Spoon 1/2 cup Caramelized Ginger Pears over Brie round. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Serve immediately with gingersnaps and crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts