I think this recipe could be good with some changes. You have to make sure your figs are top notch. The sweet cream wasn't quite as sweet as I thought it needed to be. Also, I used a grill pan instead of heating up the regular grill. Some of the filling from my figs fell out while grilling so the best part of the fig was left on the grill pan.
Caramelized Fresh Figs with Sweet Cream
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 6mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 large fresh figs, cut in half lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Brush honey on cut sides of figs. Lightly spray cut sides of figs with cooking spray.
- 3. Place figs, cut sides down, on grill rack, and grill for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Combine crème fraîche and 1/2 teaspoon sugar; spoon over figs.
Crème fraiche is a sweet and slightly sour, nutty substance about the thickness of sour cream. It was traditionally made from unpasteurized cream left at room temperature. You can buy pasteurized versions in many grocery stores: it is sold in the dairy or cheese sections in little plastic tubs.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This