Caramelized Chipotle Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 clove(s) Garlic
- 2 cup(s) Medium onions Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Chipotle chiles in adobo Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2 Whole chickens 3-1/2 lb each Cut into 8 pcs
- heat olio in a 12 inch heavy skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers. Cook onions slowly stirring occasionally. Add garlic, continue to slow cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except chicken, including 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 with rack in middle.
- Coat chicken with half of sauce, then roast, in a casserole dish, for 25 minutes. Cover chicken with remaining sauce, then continue roasting until chicken is cooked through. 20-25 minutes.
- Sauce can be made in advance and chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note