I agree that this "sauce" could be used on almost anything! It is delicious tasting and totally worth the effort in making! I'm going to try on pork next!
Caramelized Chicken with Cranberry Conserve
Photo: Tina Cornett
Grand Prize Winner
Yield: 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 22 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced green onions (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and chill at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook brown sugar and sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add chicken, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add reserved marinade, onion, and cranberries; cook, stirring and turning chicken often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice and serve with cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This