Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) hazelnuts (filberts)
- 3 pound(s) small carrots (see TIP) peeled
- 1 clove(s) garlic very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
- TIP: Works best with small carrots (not pre packed baby carrots), can use large carrots cut in quarters lengthwise, then halved.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place hazelnuts in 18" by 12" jelly-roll pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted. Wrap hot hazelnuts in clean cloth towel. With hands, roll hazelnuts back and forth to remove skins; discard skins. Let toasted hazelnuts cool completely; set aside.
- 2. In same pan, toss carrots with garlic, ginger, paprika, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Cover pan tightly with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and roast 20 to 25 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in food processor with knife blade attached, pulse hazelnuts and parsley until coarsely chopped; set hazelnut mixture aside.
- 4. Remove carrots from oven and drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil, tossing to coat well. Transfer carrots to large serving dish or platter and sprinkle with hazelnut mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Carrots Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables