Caramelized Carrot Mash
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds carrots, halved lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the oil on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Arrange the carrots, cut side down, on the baking sheets. Rub a little of the oil over the carrots and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the carrots are very tender and browned on the bottom.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock with the honey. Add the carrots and, with a potato masher, mash the carrots coarsely. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables