This recipe is so good and so easy! My husband loves it, I love that it is quick and easy to fix. Use some Ranch dressing to dip it in, cools down the heat a little.
Caramelized Cajun Chicken
Pounding the chicken breasts trims the time on the grill and ensures even cooking. Boneless chicken thighs and pork chops cook as quickly as chicken breasts and make great substitutes.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 8 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Stir together brown sugar and Cajun seasoning; rub mixture over chicken. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until done. Season with salt to taste.
- Caramelized Cajun Pork Chops: Substitute 4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops for chicken breasts. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note