Caramelized Blueberry Loaded Muffins
Recipe from Half-Baked Harvest. The muffins do stick a little to the liners. If you want to avoid this just spray the muffin tins with cooking spray and bake without any liners.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/3 cup(s) white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour (or half white/half whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 cup(s) blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place liners (or grease the muffin tin instead) in a muffin tin and set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan over high heat, place the blueberries and honey in the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until some of the blueberries have burst and caramelized. Remove from the heat and drain. Let the blueberries drain and cool while you make the batter.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Add in the greek yogurt, coconut oil and buttermilk, whisking until combined. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla until mixed. Slowly stir in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 4. Very gently fold in the blueberries. Try and be as gentle as possible so you don't turn your dough purple from the bursting blueberries. Just mix them in and STOP stirring!
- 5. Divide the batter between 12-14 muffin tins. Fill all the way to the top and then top with 2 or 3 fresh (uncaramelized) blueberries. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until very lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Remove and let cool for a few minutes, then serve immediately. Or cool completely and store in an air tight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note