Made this for dinner last night and really enjoyed this. I only had fuji apples on hand (just got them from the orchard this weekend!) and they worked just fine. Would have preferred a more tart flavor of a granny smith as the recipe calls for, though. I made my own viniagrette dressing to top the salad ... it was delish.
Caramelized Apple Salad with Grilled Chicken
More From I Can't Believe Its Not Butter!®
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 large Granny Smith or other tart apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz.), grilled or broiled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens or mesclun
- 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook apple and onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until apple and onion are golden brown.
Meanwhile, slice chicken and keep warm. Spoon warm apple mixture over greens, then top with chicken. Drizzle with Dressing and garnish with walnuts.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 560, Calories From Fat 340, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 37g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Sugars 17g, Dietary Fiber 8g, Protein 31g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Apple Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads