LOVE this walnut pie! You definitely have to like walnuts to like this pie, but I suggest you use your usual homemade pie crust instead of the one used in the recipe. And I don't use the whipped topping because the pie tastes great on it's own. I hope you enjoy this pie!
Caramel Walnut Pie
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 610
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 5 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 Tbsp. ice water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped (5.5 oz.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Make crust: Pulse flour, salt and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water, 1 Tbsp. at a time; pulse just until soft and crumbly. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll dough into an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp edge. Refrigerate.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together eggs and brown sugar. Add corn syrup, butter, bourbon, vanilla and salt; whisk until smooth. Stir in walnuts; pour into pie shell.
- Bake until filling is puffed and crust is lightly browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. (Pie can be made one day ahead and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Make whipped cream: Whip cream and honey with an electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks begin to form.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts