Yield: 15 brownies
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package caramel-flavored cake mix *
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves or pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Unwrap caramels, and place in a medium saucepan. Add 1/3 cup evaporated milk; cook over low heat until caramels melt, stirring often. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup milk, the cake mix, and next 3 ingredients; stir just until blended. Spread half the dough into a lightly greased 9" square pan. Chill remaining dough. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Divide remaining half of dough into 9 portions. Pat each portion into a 3" circle. Place circles over walnuts in pan, overlapping slightly. (Dough will spread during baking.)
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill thoroughly before cutting.
- * For caramel-flavored cake mix, we used Duncan Hines.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts