Caramel Velvet Sauce
Notes: If making ahead, chill airtight up to 1 month. Reheat to soften. The caramel powder mixture (through step 4) is fluffier than sugar, so you get more than you start with.
This recipe goes with Tropical Sundae
More From Sunset
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 5.2mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1. Line a 10- by 15-inch pan with foil.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, shake sugar often until melted and amber-colored, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour melted sugar onto foil. Let stand until hard, about 30 minutes. Peel off foil and break caramel into chunks.
- 4. With motor running, drop chunks into a food processor and whirl into a fine powder. Or whirl chunks in batches in a blender.
- 5. In a 6- to 8-quart pan, bring cream and caramel powder to a rolling boil, stirring (powder lumps, then melts). Serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note