Caramel Velvet Sauce
Notes: If making ahead, chill airtight up to 1 month. Reheat to soften. The caramel powder mixture (through step 4) is fluffier than sugar, so you get more than you start with.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 5.2mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1. Line a 10- by 15-inch pan with foil.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, shake sugar often until melted and amber-colored, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour melted sugar onto foil. Let stand until hard, about 30 minutes. Peel off foil and break caramel into chunks.
- 4. With motor running, drop chunks into a food processor and whirl into a fine powder. Or whirl chunks in batches in a blender.
- 5. In a 6- to 8-quart pan, bring cream and caramel powder to a rolling boil, stirring (powder lumps, then melts). Serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts