- 1 (32-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups cubed peeled Golden Delicious apple (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- calories 286
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 10.4 g
- carbohydrate 44.2 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 384 mg
- calcium 160 mg
How to Make It
Place colander in a 2-quart glass measure or bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of bowl. Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, margarine, and egg white in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended. Add crumbs and cinnamon; stir well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; let cool on a wire rack.
Preheat oven to 300°. Combine brown sugar and orange juice in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Add apple; cook 8 minutes until apple is tender and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Combine yogurt cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and next 5 ingredients (1/2 cup sugar through nonfat cream cheese) in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Spoon apple mixture into prepared pan. Pour cheese mixture over apples; top with 1/3 cup sundae syrup, and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake at 300° for 1 hour until almost set. Turn oven off; loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula or knife. Let cheesecake stand for 40 minutes in oven with door closed. Remove cheesecake from oven, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons sundae syrup over top; garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired.