More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups warm water, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Cook corn syrup, sugar, and 1 cup warm water in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 23 minutes or until mixture turns pale amber. Remove pan from heat, and carefully stir in remaining 1/4 cup warm water. Stir in cream, butter, and vanilla.
- 3. Cook mixture over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce thickens and a candy thermometer registers 220° to 222°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note