- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cook whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until hot; reduce heat, and keep warm.
- Cook sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes until sugar melts and turns a deep-golden color.
- Add caramelized sugar to warm whipping cream in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; cool. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.)
- Note: Sauce may be stored in refrigerator up to 2 days. (It will be very thick.)
- To serve, cook over low heat, stirring often, until pouring consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note