Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) Flour
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (which is about 1/2 of a can)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 7 ounces (1/2 of 14-ounce package) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in large bowl. Add butter; stir until mixture is well blended and forms coarse crumbs. Reserve almost 1/2 (about 2 cups) for the topping. Add pumpkin and vanilla to remaining mixture in bowl; stir until well blended. Press evenly into bottom of greased parchment-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- 2. Microwave caramels and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after every minute. Let stand 1 minute. Pour over pumpkin mixture in pan, spreading to within 1/2-inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan. Cut into bars.
- Note to myself: I cut back on the amount of crumble reserved for topping to 2 c. I microwaved the caramels for 2 min.
- The pumpkin and caramels will make 2 batches of this stuff.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Prepare as directed, using 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies