I've made this cheesecake several times and it's always a big hit. I've passed the recipe on to quite a few people who wanted to try it themselves. If you're new to cheesecakes, don't be frightened by the recipe -- it's really not that hard and has been successful for me every time.
Caramel-Pumpkin Cheesecake With Gingersnap-Pecan Crust
With a yummy gingersnap cookie crust, this creamy pumpkin cheesecake is just what you need to wow your dinner guests during the autumn season.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 9 Hours
- 12 crisp gingersnaps
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 8 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter; pulse 8 to 10 times or until blended. Press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add granulated sugar, beating just until blended. Reserve 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture for topping; cover and chill. Add eggs, 1 at a time, to remaining cream cheese mixture, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine pumpkin, 5 tablespoons whipping cream, and next 3 ingredients; add to cream cheese mixture, beating just until blended. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed, 1 hour. Remove from oven, and run a knife around edge of pan, and release sides. Cool on a wire rack. Soften reserved cream cheese mixture; spread evenly over cheesecake. Drizzle caramel topping over cream cheese layer; gently swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Cover and chill 8 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip: Make sure you don't cut into the cheesecake when swirling the caramel layer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note