I added 1 cup of chopped pecans, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and added 1/4 cup real maple syrup to 3/4 cup milk. I omitted the caramel frosting. Wow this was good! To make in two 6-cup bundt pans, bake for 50 minutes.
Caramel Pound Cake
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel Frosting
- Beat sugars and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add oil, and beat until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Caramel Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts