It is really good, but how is this 18 servings? It's like 1 bag of pop corn. Added peanuts ;)
This homemade caramel popcorn recipe is perfect for snacking on at home or giving away as gifts during the holiday season.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups popcorn (popped without salt or fat)
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Place popcorn in a large bowl; pour sugar mixture over popcorn in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir to break up any large clumps. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Let the caramel popcorn cool completely before dividing it into holiday tins for giving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note