- 4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil; grease foil. Set aside.
- Beat 1 cup brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and if desired, bourbon at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Combine flour, cocoa, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gradually add to brown sugar mixture, beating until blended. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Bring 3/4 cup butter, syrup, remaining 3 cups brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 250° (hard ball stage). Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and 2 tablespoons vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into 12 squares; cut each square into 2 triangles. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note