Yummy!! I thought this was very tasty and pretty easy to make. I am glad that I read the reviews first. This is definitely messy while it is cooking. I saved a big cleaning job for myself by putting the pan on a baking sheet. I also used cinnamon. The only thing that went wrong, is that I immediately turned it over after it came out of the oven and half of the bead fell apart. Not sure how to fix that, but it certainly didn't matter in my house because my family devoured it.
Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle caramel sundae sauce
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (7.5 oz.) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with shortening.
- Spread 1/3 cup caramel in pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. In a shallow dish, mix sugar and nutmeg. Pour butter into another shallow dish.
- Unroll one package biscuit dough. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Roll each piece in melted butter and then in sugar mixture. Drop each into pan, covering bottom. Drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel and sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Repeat, layering remaining dough, caramel and nuts, ending with 1/3 cup caramel.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a bit crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a large serving plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads