I love the icing, but I added the pecans so the flavor would mix with the frosting. Yummy! Second day even better! I was also wondering how many calories are in it. Thanks.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 6 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, and slowly whisk in buttermilk.
- 4. Return mixture to heat, and bring to a boil. Pour into bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla and almond extracts, beating at medium-high speed until smooth (about 1 minute). Stir in pecans. Use immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This