Caramel Pecan Crunch Cheesecake
Dark brown sugar gives a wonderful caramel flavor and crunchy topping to this cheesecake.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 9 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup pecans, and butter. Press into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugars, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, beating just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until almost set. Turn oven off, and partially open door; leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Run a knife around edges of pan, and release sides.
- Sprinkle cake with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until sugar begins to melt. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note