I found this recipe in the 2005 issue and made the bars from that. Everybody loved them and I have made them several times since. I am always asked for the recipe. That's why I'm back online. Its so easy to just email the link to people. They have always looked and tasted great! But one tip, I always line my cake pan with foil and spray. Then when they are slightly frozen (with the frosting already on) I pull out the whole batch, peel away the foil, and then cut them on a cutting board. Works great!
Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Bars
To make cutting of these bars extra easy, line the baking pan with lightly greased heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing several inches to extend over sides. After baking and chilling, freeze for several hours. Lift from pan using foil; press foil sides down, and cut while partially frozen into desired sizes and shapes.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 48 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Quick Caramel-Pecan Frosting
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs and butter; press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Combine sugar and flour; gradually add to cream cheese, beating just until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust, spreading evenly to edges of pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- Pour warm Quick Caramel-Pecan Frosting over cheesecake, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note