I have made this dessert at least 5 times to rave reviews. It is simply delicious. It seems like cheating to use the crockpot to make dessert while dinner is served but the results are heavenly! Yummy!!
Caramel Pear and Cranberry Pudding Cake
Make this cake when you don't have oven space but want something special after dinner. If you like, serve it with vanilla ice cream instead of crème fraîche, or substitute other favorite fruit for the pears and cranberries.
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Calories: 179
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Cooking-oil spray
- 2/3 cup good-quality caramel sauce, warmed
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Crème fraîche
- 1. Coat the cooking insert of a 5- to 6-qt. slow-cooker* all over with cooking-oil spray. Evenly spread caramel on bottom, then top with an even layer of pears. Sprinkle with cranberries.
- 2. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, and butter in a medium bowl until mostly smooth with only tiny lumps remaining. Pour over fruit and spread with a spatula to cover evenly.
- 3. Cover and cook until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes on high or 2 1/4 hours on low.
- 4. Remove basin from slow-cooker and let pudding cake cool 5 minutes. Spoon onto plates, pear side up, and dollop with crème fraîche.
- *You can use a 4-qt. slow-cooker, but may need to increase the cooking time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note