Make sure you use THICK caramel sauce. It gets too gooey if you don't. Under cook just a bit so they don't dry out when baking on the marshmallows. I made them as cupcakes and they stayed moist better than when I made the cake. They also transport well for kids groups. Makes you think of snickers type items.
Caramel-Peanut Mississippi Mud Cake
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.5-oz.) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup bottled caramel sauce
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Microwave 1 cup butter and semisweet chocolate in a large microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 2. Whisk sugar and next 5 ingredients into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with miniature marshmallows; bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until golden brown. Microwave 1/2 cup bottled caramel sauce at HIGH 15 seconds. Drizzle over browned marshmallows. Drizzle with Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle with 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This