Caramel-Peanut Butter Bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Cookie Base
- 1 package(s) (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 15 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, coarsely chopped
- 36 caramels (14-oz. bag), unwrapped
- 1 can(s) (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/4 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) peanuts
- 1 container(s) (1 lb.) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup(s) peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in candies. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanut butter. Heat to boiling. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup peanuts. Spread over warm cookie base. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Spread frosting evenly over filling. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RYCHEFREAKLIVE and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel-Peanut Butter Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies