Caramel Oatmeal Bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) oatmeal uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour all-purpose
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) margarine
- 1 cup(s) chopped peanuts or pecans
- 1 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-12oz jar(s) caramel topping
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients with pastry blender. Stir in margarine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13" pan. Reserve 1 cup of oatmeal mixture and press the rest into bottom of pan. Bake for 10-12 mins until brown. Top with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Mix caramel with 1/4 cup flour until smooth; then drizzle over chocolate chips to within 1/4" of edge of pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of oatmeal mixture. Bake 18-22 mins til brown. Chill before cutting. Makes 32 small bars.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EuropeanMama and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note