These bars are very good. Everything is pretty quick and easy too and you can't beat caramel and nutella together, so good. The only thing is you might have to cook them a little longer than the time listed, mine didn't brown too much on top but I was in a hurry and they're still good so just an appearance thing. Next time I might add a few ingredients just to make the bar thicker but I am very happy for now.
Caramel Nutella Crumb Bars
From Fearless Homemaker, adapted from Buns in My Oven
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter
- makes about 20 2” square bars, adapted from buns in my oven
- ingredients for the crust + topping
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ingredients for the caramel & nutella filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (or cane syrup or homemade sugar syrup)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup nutella
- preheat oven to 350 degrees + line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- to make the dough, in the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar, + salt on medium speed until creamy using the paddle attachment. beat in the vanilla.
- turn the mixer to low + slowly add 2 1/4 cups of the flour, beating just until the dough becomes smooth + the flour is incorporated.
- press 3/4 of the dough in the prepared baking dish. press the dough evenly to form the bottom layer. refrigerate while you prepare the crumb topping + filling.
- add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour to the remaining dough + beat together until coarse + crumbly. do not over mix.
- for the caramel filling, place the butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, + condensed milk in a saucepan over medium low heat. bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. when the mixture begins to boil, whisk frequently until it darkens + begins to get thicker, about 10 minutes. remove from the heat + allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- remove the pan from the refrigerator + spread on a layer of the nutella using an off-set spatula. you may need to warm the nutella in the microwave for a bit to soften it up enough to spread easily.
- pour the caramel filling over the nutella layer + spread evenly with the spatula.
- sprinkle on the crumb topping.
- bake for about 30 minutes or until the filling is a dark caramel color + lightly bubbling. cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes + then cut into squares.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel Nutella Crumb Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies