Coffee fiends: Go with 1 Tbsp. espresso powder. Be advised—these are sticky! Avoid them if you wear braces.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 44 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons to 1 Tbsp. instant espresso
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- 2. Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated and brown sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour, vanilla, and salt. Stir miniature marshmallows, caramel bits, and instant espresso into batter.
- 3. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 44 to 46 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Gently remove foil, and cut brownies into 16 squares.
- *12 caramels, quartered, may be substituted.
- Note: Be sure to insert wooden pick into brownie, not marshmallow, when testing for doneness. (Marshmallows will rise to the top when baking.) We tested with Kraft Caramel Bits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note