Sorry! This cake was a fail for our house. Too sweet and although it tested done, it had a tunnel in the very middle that was raw. A waste of very good pears and ingredients, I had to throw it away.
Caramel-Glazed Pear Cake
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Caramel Glaze
- Toss together pears and 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, 2 cups sugar, and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, and add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in pears, chopped pecans, and vanilla extract. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Remove from pan, and drizzle Caramel Glaze over warm cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note