We'd wager our presents under the tree that this is the best pull-apart bread on Earth. The dough is soft and cakey, and the loaf dons a scrumptious sugary crust.
Southern Living DECEMBER 2013
1. Generously grease a 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan; line bottom with wax paper, and lightly grease wax paper.
2. Stir together granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Turn Breakfast Bread Dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Shape dough into about 60 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Dip each in melted butter; roll in sugar mixture.
3. Place a single layer of coated balls in prepared pan, covering bottom completely. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Repeat layers twice. Top with any remaining sugar mixture; drizzle with any remaining melted butter.
4. Cover dough; let stand 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, discarding wax paper. Invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with glaze. Serve warm.
To make ahead: Prepare recipe through Step 3. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand 1 hour and 30 minutes. Proceed as directed in Step 5.
Go to full version of