This recipe goes with Sweet Potato Cake with Coconut Filling and Caramel Frosting
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 9 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Whisk together cream cheese and whipping cream in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook sugar and 2/3 cup water in a heavy 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high, and bring mixture to a boil without stirring. Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, brush down any sugar crystals on sides of pan. Cook, without stirring, 10 minutes or just until syrup turns a deep amber color.
- Whisk in butter gradually; gradually whisk in cream cheese mixture until smooth. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note