This is great icing and easy to make, but very sweet. It has the same taste as those little caramel squares.
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring often. Boil, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add baking powder and vanilla. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle quickly over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts