This did not turn out for me! Do not make this! Within one hour, the caramel began to burn. After 2 hours or so, I put it on keep warm to avoid over heating it. The mixture just got darker as it sat-not a pretty caramel color-and it did not stay molten, but hardened slightly (not great for dipping). The flavor is overly sweet store-bought caramel. It's what I should have expected, but I was definitely hoping for something edible!
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 2 (14-ounce) packages caramels, unwrapped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Apple slices
- Pound cake squares
- Place caramels in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir in condensed milk.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until caramels melt and mixture is smooth. Serve with apple slices and pound cake squares.
- Party Plan: Keep this fondue warm in the slow cooker for easy dipping. Reheat any leftovers in the microwave, stirring at 1-minute intervals until heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note