- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 baked (4-inch) tart shells
- Whipped cream
How to Make It
Combine yolks, sugar, flour, and water in top of a double boiler; stir until smooth. Place over boiling water; reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
Spoon 1/2 cup filling into each tart shell. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream.