I made this cake for Christmas. It was good, but I think I'll tweak the recipe a bit before making it again. It seemed to be missing something. Perhaps adding pecans to the filling would help and substituting whipped cream frosting in place of the cream cheese frosting. I'll have to experiment. Overall it wasgood.
Caramel Cream Cake
This three-layer butter cake has a pecan-pie filling in between the cake layers, a rich cream cheese frosting, and a topping of sweet coconut and chopped pecans. It's a great dessert for holiday entertaining.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup finely chopped sweetened flaked coconut
- Pecan Pie Cake Batter
- Pecan Pie Filling
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnishes: raspberries, fresh mint sprig
- 1. Stir 1 cup finely chopped coconut into Pecan Pie Cake Batter; spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. Spread Pecan Pie Filling between layers. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top and sides with toasted pecans and toasted coconut. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note