Make these sweet Caramel-Coffee Tassies for a fun finger food option.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14 oz. pkg. caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coffee liqueur or brewed coffee
- Mocha Frosting:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or brewed coffee
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until well blended; stir in flour. Form into a ball; chill for one hour to overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-inch balls; press each into an ungreased mini muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
- Combine caramels and milk in a saucepan over medium heat; stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur or coffee.
- Spoon filling into baked shells; let cool. Pipe on frosting.
- For Mocha Frosting blend shortening and sugar well; add evaporated milk and liqueur or coffee. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 7 to 10 minutes
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel-Coffee Tassies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Desserts