In a word...delectable!
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee liqueur or brewed coffee
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until well blended; stir in flour. Form into a ball; chill for one hour or overnight.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls; press each into an ungreased mini muffin cup. Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur or coffee. Spoon caramel filling into baked shells; let cool.
- Pipe frosting onto caramel filling.
- For Frosting, blend shortening and sugar together until fluffy; add evaporated milk and liqueur or coffee. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy or about 7 to 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note