These are much like a butterscotch blondie, only lighter. The white chocolate chips and macadamia are great chunks in each bite, and I loved the caramel on top. Would have liked them to be less chewy and more airy though, so minus a star for texture.
Caramel Cloud Bars
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 92mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup premium white chocolate chips (such as Hershey's)
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup (such as Hershey's)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Place the sugar, margarine, evaporated milk, and egg whites in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and beat with a mixer at low speed just until blended. Stir in the chips and macadamia nuts.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Microwave the syrup at high 45 seconds or until warm, and stir. Drizzle the caramel syrup diagonally across batter. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel Cloud Bars Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts