Caramel-Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
From the kitchen of Jennifer Mchenry, bakeorbreak.com
"Growing up in Mississippi, baking was a way of life. If someone you love is a fan of chocolate and caramel, these are a quick, easy way to create a little happiness."
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (or 12 caramels)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in milk chocolate morsels just until combined. Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Microwave caramel bits and cream in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Pour caramel mixture over batter, and gently swirl with a knife. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (Center will rise and fall while baking.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour) before cutting.
- Note: We tested with Kraft Premium Caramel Bits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note