Caramel Chess Tassies
Brown sugar and butter come together in this recipe to create a sublime caramel. This dessert's made of simple ingredients, yet it received our Test Kitchens highest marks.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Using a 2 3/4" round cutter, cut 36 circles out of piecrusts. Place in ungreased miniature muffin pans, crimping edges.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour and buttermilk. Add vanilla, stirring well. Spoon filling evenly into prepared crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Dollop each serving with whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts