I made this for our fist year wedding anniversary. They were PERFECT! A hint of sweet in the pancakes and the syrup was amazing!! This is becoming a special occasion MUST!!
Caramel Cake Pancakes
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Caramel Syrup
- Whisk together first 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients in another bowl. Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes. Serve with Caramel Syrup.
- Note: When using a griddle, heat it to 350°.
- Tip: For tender pancakes, don't overmix the batter; it should be lumpy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch