I make a sea salt caramel frosting,puts it over the top!!
Photo: Jennifer Davick
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine sour cream and milk.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at medium-low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 5. Spread Caramel Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note