Caramel-Applesauce Cobbler with Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream
This recipe was inspired by an applesauce pie with hard sauce that a Test Kitchen's staffer enjoyed at their grandmother's house as a child.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 12 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apple, sugar, and lemon juice; cook, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until apple is caramel colored. Spoon into a shallow, greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Roll each piecrust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under. Place remaining strips on a baking sheet.
- Bake remaining strips at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to serve with cobbler. Bake cobbler at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve warm with pastry strips and Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramel-Applesauce Cobbler with Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance