Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup bottled caramel sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toss together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture, and sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove apple mixture from skillet; wipe skillet clean.
- Stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; top cream cheese mixture evenly with apple mixture. Fold tortillas in half over apple mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 quesadillas 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and quesadillas. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with vanilla ice cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts