- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup bottled caramel sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
How to Make It
Toss together first 4 ingredients.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture, and sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove apple mixture from skillet; wipe skillet clean.
Stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; top cream cheese mixture evenly with apple mixture. Fold tortillas in half over apple mixture.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 quesadillas 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and quesadillas. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with vanilla ice cream. Serve immediately.