Caramel Apple Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. butter,melted
- 1/3 c. all purpose flour
- 5 c. thinly, sliced apples ( Granny Smith, etc)
- 2/3 c. white sugar
- 3 Tbl. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 20 caramels, halved or about 1/3 to 1/2 of pkg. of caramel bits
- 1tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbl. milk
- Serve with:
- 1 jar of Mrs. Richardsons caramel topping
- 1 gal. vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make Taffy: In a small bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter, 1/3 c. flour. Mix well and set aside.
- To make Apple Filling: Place apples in a large bowl. Add white sugar,3 Tbl. of flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and apples are coated.
- Spoon half of apple filling into pastry lined deep dish pie pan. Top with half of caramels and half of taffy mixture. Repeat process. Place pie crust over filling and seal well (important to seal so caramel mixture does not leak out). Cut steam vents and brush w/ milk or light cream.
- Cover pie with foil and place on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25min. remove foil from pie and bake another 20 to 25 min. or until crust lightly golden. Serve warm with ice cream and caramel topping drizzled over top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dixie1dog and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note