Caramel Apple-Pear Cobbler With Oatmeal Muffin Crust
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)*
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large pears, peeled and sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Oatmeal Muffin Batter
- Garnish: toasted pecan halves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to coat apples.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple mixture; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes. Add pears to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Spoon hot fruit mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch (8-cup) deep-dish pie plate or shallow 2-quart baking dish. Spoon Oatmeal Muffin Batter evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 (21-ounce) cans apple pie filling can be substituted for apples and pears. Omit brown sugar and flour. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pie filling, and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts